Saturday, April 4, 2009

What I Do For Fun

I was so excited to be able to see this concert on youtube, I just had to share it. This is me!! This is what I do for fun on Thursday nights! I play with this small chamber group called the St. Stephen's Chamber Wind Ensemble. They play such fun, REAL music, some quite challenging, such as this piece: Hindemith's Septett for Winds. At first I thought it was a bunch of musical mush, but it completely grew on me as time went on. Absolutely amazing piece of music. This is just a group of musicians, some amateur and some professional, who all love to play wonderful music. I am greatful for my musical outlets, they help me to stay real. I hope you enjoy this very small portion of our concert. Oh, and see if you can pick out and name the theme in this piece that shows up in a recent Disney movie. (I am convinced it was taken straight from Hindemith!)

I even get to play English Horn!! Although, this is slightly more embarrassing because my EH skills aren't quite where I want them yet, it's still fun! Enjoy Arthur Bird's Serenade for Winds, mvmt. II.

No comments: