Saturday, February 6, 2010

Family Fun: A Visit to the Aquarium

I love it when our Saturdays turn into a family fun day. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's like a breath of fresh air to get out and do something all together. Today we ventured to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy for the first time. I have to say, I was impressed! When we got there, the outside looked like a painted up old grocery store (So I had my doubts) , but inside was like a giant fish zoo, with fish of all kinds, frogs of all kinds, they even had a giant anaconda AND a tank full of sharks. Amelia loved the petting pools, one with stingrays and the other with various starfish. Lucy liked finding Nemo and the seahorse display. It was a really fun place. Saturdays seem a little busy, but they did all sorts of feedings and shows, probably because of the crowds. I am actually really looking forward to a return visit with my family. What a fun day!

Seahorses, Jellies, and Sharks, Oh MY!

I think we went to the ray tank at least 5 times.
Amelia couldn't get enough.
Finding Nemo

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

What fun! I love aquariums, and so do kids. Glad you had a fun family day.

That place is close to John's parents and I've wanted to go there, but we haven't made it yet. Also, John's cousin works there. I agree about how it looks like a painted grocery store.