Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Crazy Week

This week has been so crazy. My husband has been at a new job since February of this year and its been quite the change of pace for him. We knew it would be when he took the job, and honestly I have seen some tremendous growth on his part since starting this job, but I don't think I had prepared myself for what it would do to me to have my husband in a stressful and deadline-based job. For anyone who knows my hubby, you know he is a very low key, easy going sort of guy, he doesn't seek out stress or causes to be stressed. Well, this job forces him to stay on task almost constantly. Okay, with that preface let me tell you the time line of our week:

A project needing to be done Wednesday. Promised portion of that project to be delivered Monday morning. Sunday night, after the girls have gone to bed, he gets his computer at the kitchen table and starts working. I go to bed, and wake up to a girl crying around 1:00 to find my husband asleep at his computer. I wake him up, he starts working again, I go back to sleep. I wake up around 3:00, he's still not in bed and I find the lights on and now he's transferred to the couch. Okay, this time he comes to bed.

Monday night: More work needs to be done, procrastinates to watch a favorite TV show after the girls are in bed, puts off a friend meeting and begins to work around 9:00. I finally go to bed around 11:00, wake up at 3:00 and he's transferred himself to the living room floor sound asleep face down. I wake him up, he comes to bed and gets up a couple hours later to finish.

Tuesday night (Or was this Wednesday, I can't even remember!): Lulu finally goes back to bed in her crib in Bedelia's room (Instead of the port-a-crib in the office during "Sleep training" period) so my husband gets his comfy office chair back, after attending to Mutual night duties comes home and starts working. I again go to bed around 11:00, wake up sometime in the night and hear no sounds so I go and check the office, and there's my husband asleep in his office chair,
(That must have been a combo of Tuesday and Wednesday... Sorry! The details are fuzzy in there)

Thursday: same thing as before, found asleep in office chair, wakes up at 3, works from home till 8:00 and takes off for work. We did not see him home until 11:00 that night completely exhausted.

The week kind of continued this way. Don't get me wrong, he got a lot accomplished and the project was done enough for purposes at work, but my poor husband it doesn't seem like he EVER came to bed!! And trust me, he surely wanted to.... So while he is working hard to do his job, I am acting as the in home project manager or something, and feel the direct impact of how hard he is required to work. (Let me tell you though, I am so grateful my husband works hard so that I don't have to leave the home, I love the job of a mommy and he loves the job of a computer programmer...) We're all looking forward to a better week next week, where maybe we can start to enjoy the fact that our 2 children are sleeping through the night. WHO'S GONNA TRAIN THE PARENTS?! :)

This week I spent the whole week trying to organize Christmas. (A lot of details I've vented to enough people already, so I won't clog my blog with them) Bedelia has decided she wants to ask Santa for a tricycle. I put a request in to him and the tingling senses a mother is blessed with say Santa's elves may have been able to work something out for her... after all she's been a very good girl. We'll just have to see Christmas morning if Santa will fulfill a little girls wish. Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good luck to all of you! And who put the computers in charge of the world, anyway?!