Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grandpa Austin's 90th

We made a very quick trip to Holbrook AZ in October to celebrate Dallan's Grandpa Austin's 90th birthday. He was quite the party animal! We had a great time at the celebration, well most of us anyway. The girls got to hang out and play with Grandpa's great old toy collection and play hide and seek. Matthew tuckered out quite early, and so he and I didn't stay long before we had to go have naptime. We were so glad to have had the opportunity to go and spend time with Grandpa though. He is such a great man, and we love him!

While in Holbrook we took the "park tour" of Holbrook and compared all 3 of their city parks. I had no idea there were 3 of them. Dallan grew up across the street from the biggest and best of the 3, but it was fun to see and play at the others. The girls were just the other day still talking of their visits to Holbrook, the merry-go-round, rocks, trees to climb and Grandma's house. I love that my children have magical memories already, of visits to Grandparents.




1 comment:

Janae said...

OMG I WANT LUCY'S DRESS!!!!!! You have to tell me you thought of me when you bought that dress right??? :) I LOVE that girl!!